Last update: June 30, 2020
Unfortunately, we cannot offer our usual, in-person open office hours or in-person consultation appointments at the moment. You don't have to forego a personalized consultation, though! We currently offer both our open office hours and appointments online with the help of virtual consulatation rooms.
Online Open Office Hours
Every Monday, 2-5 p.m., meet us online and discuss your USA or Canada plans with us! Learn more here.
Individual Online Advising
We are happy to take the time to advise you individually about your plans in North America. Contact us for an online appointment. Especially these days, a digital meeting is the easiest way to provide you with online resources and to discuss your plans. If you would nevertheless like to book an in-person meeting, contact us and we can make arrangements.
Advising via Phone and Email
You can, of course, ask us your questions in an email or over the phone. You can reach us on the phone Mo-Tu, 2-5p p.m. at 089 55 25 37-17.
Checking out Books
We will continue offering our standard book lending service for your preparations for your stay abroad.
For the time being, we can't let you browse our selection in person, but we can offer the following way to find and check out what you need:
- Here you can view a list of Education & Exchange books.
- Let us know via email up to 3 titles that you would like to check out.
- We will let you know via email if the books are available and suggest alternatives should they already be on loan. We will then get your selections ready for pick-up.
- Your books will be available for pick-up at the Amerikahaus reception desk Mo-Fr, 4-8 p.m. for 1week after you receive your confirmation email.
- If you are using our book loan services for the first time, fill out the check-out form directly at pick-up.
- The maximum loan period cannot exceed 4 weeks. Books should be returned to the reception desk at the Amerikahaus during posted opening hours.